RoSPA has identified that, after deep sea fishing and coal mining, driving 25,000 miles a year on business is the most life-threatening activity we undertake – more dangerous than working in construction.
Can you answer all of these questions about your drivers and vehicles?
- What’s the annual mileage of your drivers?
- How do you manage work-related road safety?
- How are you identifying that the driver and the vehicle are fit for purpose? Where are they now? Where do they need to be?
- Vehicle checked. Licence checked. Driver and driving ability checked?
- Evaluating risks on the road. How are you providing general induction training for your drivers?
- How are you evaluating your drivers that are at the highest risk? (e.g. 60k miles per annum: already accrued 9 points?)
- How safe are your drivers? How many points are on their licence? What is their attitude? How are they managing their vehicle maintenance checks?
- Are your drivers capable of driving safely in a way that is safe for them and other people?
- How do you evaluate your drivers’ different training needs periodically? (Annual mileage 12k-30k, 30k-60k, 60k+)
- Do you know how many traffic collisions involve somebody at work every week?
- How many incidents have you had in your business in the last twelve months?
- What are the implications to the business?
- What are the existing guidelines from the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) regarding driving at work?
- Who do you think might be affected by existing Corporate Manslaughter legislation?
- What do you need to do?
- What are the benefits to the company when you invest in the training?
- What are the possible implications, costs and consequences to your business if you do not invest in the training?
We would like to help you answer these questions. Why not contact us now for some more FREE information?